Team C's Devotional Sharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 4th - Chapter Thirteen

2 posters

Go down

May 4th - Chapter Thirteen  Empty May 4th - Chapter Thirteen

Post by James Mon May 04, 2015 10:21 am

Chapter 12 ended with God stating that He will not delay His words any longer, that whatever was said from Him would be fulfilled.
In context to this, God speaks on behalf of the false prophets who spoke and testified falsely against Him and His people.
v.6 and 7 speaks about their false visions and how they expect their words to be fulfilled.
This instantly reminds me of GKYM when our youth ministry went with someone prophesying upon David.
Although we don't know if the prophesy is true or not, it reminded me that false visions cannot be fulfilled and we cannot/should not hope for what will never come.
We actually fool God and ourselves from the truth, ridiculing and almost mocking God - stating that His plans and will is different from the truth.

Just as the wolf approaches the sheep pen with the idea to kill, destroy, and steal, God recognizes the need for a righteous shepherd - who is Christ.
Through chapter thirteen we can really see how "detestable" (hah remember that chapter?) it is to God's eyes.
And its because they lead God's people astray.
Wolves in sheep clothing lead God's people away.
Just like within the Fall of Man, the first question was upon Adam and Eve's well-being.
"Where are you?" - God asks where they were (obviously He knew, but this showed how relational He was)
And the second question He asks to them is, "Who told you?" "Who deceived you?" "Who led you astray?"
God MUST ABSOLUTELY HATE false prophets as they lead his sheep away from Him.
Literally the anti-Christ, not even lukewarm Christians but even people who turn people AWAY from God.

It is reassuring that God promises deliverance for His people in verse 20 and 21, as He promises that He would set free to the birds that were snared. I love how God keeps addressing the true believers as His people.
I think its worth mentioning that He is a God that is so relational. In the New Jerusalem (Rev 21), He states that they will be His people and He would be their God.
A beautiful restoration as the plan of redemption through Christ would be accomplished.
Another perspective that I've learned from this chapter is the fact that God is so protective of His people.
We tend to focus on His steadfast love for us, which is biblical and true - but we tend to drift away from the idea that He is angry with the enemy. He despises the enemy as He asked Adam and Eve, "WHO TOLD YOU?"

We see more of God's love for His people through His sovereign and just wrath in Ezekiel and I am loving it.

James
Admin

https://milalteamc.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

May 4th - Chapter Thirteen  Empty Re: May 4th - Chapter Thirteen

Post by StephenRYUUUU Wed May 06, 2015 6:42 pm

Chapter 13

God speaks to Ezekiel to prophesy against the false prophets of Israel. As these prophets do not follow what God commands but only follow their own hearts. He says they are comparable to those who do not fix the wall though it is damaged. Maybe it is because of these false prophets that this proverb from the previous chapter has been brought up, that visions come to nothing. God also says how these false prophets are declaring that God says one thing, but He is truly not. God is against these people and will bring His wrath upon them. God tears this wall down and these prophets will be destroyed in it.
He also tells Ezekiel to prophesy against the women who bring these false prophecies. He will punish these people as well and they will finally know He is Lord.

From verses 20 – 23 we really see this different character from God. This caring side that will save His people from their false lies. As it says, “you disheartened the righteous with your lies, when I had brought them no grief, and because you encouraged the wicked not to turn from their evil ways and so save their lives”

Verse 20 and 21: “… I will tear them from your arms; I will set free the people that you ensnare like birds. I will tear off your veils and save my people from your hands, and they will no longer fall prey to your power.”
When reading this, I think of how God will reveal these people for the lies they bring and then the people will realize what they were listening to.

God is not happy with the lies that these false prophets bring to His people. They are falling under these false claims that God has declared something and are suffering from this. They are leading God’s people elsewhere from where God wants them to be. Yet God will save His people by bringing them out from this disillusionment. We read how God is against those who proclaim things from God that are not true, which ultimately lead His people astray. Though we see a God who is Almighty and powerful that shows His wrath, we see reason behind it, in which He cares for His people.

It seems that whenever God shows His wrath and gives punishment to those deserved, He always reveals Himself, as their Sovereign Lord/they will understand that God is their true and only God. I think we ourselves are able to see God as a Sovereign Lord as well. He is just so big and fearful from the way He punishes that we know He is Lord.

StephenRYUUUU

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum